Sunday, September 06, 2009

Mother Teresa and Helping Others

Here is an excerpt from a book I am reading entitled "Mother Teresa: The Joy In Loving".

A rich man came to me and said he wanted to give up something in his life-his house, his car. I suggested: When you go to the store to buy a new suit or some clothes, instead of buying the best, buy one that is a little less expensive and use that extra money to buy something for someone else, or better still for the poor. When I finished saying this he looked really amazed and exclaimed: 'Oh! Is that the way, Mother? I never thought of it.' When he left he looked so happy and full of joy at the thought of helping others.

After reading this I was questioning my attitude and heart when it comes to helping others. What about you? Is your heart full of joy at the thought of helping others?



No comments: