Saturday, January 14, 2006

Divisional Playoffs



Okay, so I was only .500 on my predictions for the Wild Card Weekend. However, I am feeling good about my predictions for the Divisional Playoffs. Here they are.

Washington at Seattle

Washington has been riding a good winning streak, but this week it will come to an end. Seattle has played great all year long, and I believe they will be too much for Washington. Clinton Portis may break some long runs, but all of his outrageous costumes, won't get him anywhere this week. Look for Hasselbeck to lead his team on. Seattle wins.

Seattle 28 Washington 17

New England at Denver

Yeah, I know it's New England, but this year I think Denver will put an end to their playoff slump. Tom Brady is a great quarterback, but I look for Denver to put some heat on him, and force him to make plays he doesn't want to make. I look for Denver to pound it down New England's throat with the run. Get ready to hear the names of Anderson and Bell all game. It's going to be a great game and I think it will come down to the wire. Denver wins.

Denver 31 New England 28

Pittsburgh at Indianapolis

I think the Steelers are in trouble here. Indianapolis comes out wanting to get an emotional win for their coach. I look for Indy to be very focused and well rested coming into this game. Manning will have a big day, and I look for Harrison to get at least 2 touchdowns. After Indy has taken a significant lead, they will begin to just grind it out with James. Could be a long day for Pittsburgh.

Indianapolis 42 Pittsburgh 10

Carolina at Chicago

I look for this game to be a low scoring game. The Bears defense will dominate the game, and may even put a TD up on the board. Steve Smith may have a couple big plays for Carolina, but I think the Bears defense is not going to give them enough time to get the ball down field. "Da Bears" fans will be pumped for their first home playoff game in a few years, and will give the Bears that extra edge. Bears move on.

Chicago 21 Carolina 10

No comments: