Saturday, January 07, 2006

Wild Card Weekend



They're back! That is right the NFL playoffs are upon us. This one of my favorite times of the year in the world of sports. So sit back, grab yourself some buffalo wings or a bag of chips, and your beverage of choice and get ready for some football.

Here are my predictions for this weekend's games.

Washington at Tampa Bay
Any time you are playing at home you've a got a better shot. I think Tampa Bay is healthier right now, and that Clinton Portis is going to have a hard time running. I do see Brunell and Moss having a few big plays that will have them close, but in the end Tampa Bay will win.
Tampa Bay 24 Washington 17

Jacksonville at New England
The Patriots have looked very tough lately. Their team has peaked at the right time and looks to be rolling into the playoffs. Corey Dillon is rested, and the Patriots have too much playoff experience. Byron Leftwich will be returning, but I think he will be rusty, and the ankle may not hold up under the Patriots defense. I see a blowout.
New England 34 Jacksonville 10

Carolina at NY Giants
This game could be interesting. Carolina's Steve Smith has lit people up all year long, and the Giants don't have that great of pass defense. Tiki Barber has had the season of his life, and I don't see that stopping this week. The only thing that I am interested to see, is how Eli Manning holds up in his first playoff game. If he handles the pressure well, I think it will be close. I am giving the edge to New York only because they are at home.
NY Giants 27 Carolina 24

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati
To me this is the most exciting game of the weekend. Cincinnati playing in their first playoff game in ages should be jacked up and ready to play. I look for Chad Johnson and his golden teeth to make some big plays and Carson Palmer to throw for at least 250-300 yards. However, I think Pittsburgh is going to go in to Cincy and get the win. I look for the Steelers to play some tough nosed football. I think the running game of the Steelers will pound away at the Bengals, and Big Ben is going to lead his team on in the playoffs.
Pittsburgh 24 Cincinnati 21

No comments: