Thursday, March 22, 2007

I Think We Are Missing The Boat

I think something is wrong. With all that is going on in the world, we have a girl that has decided to make her voice known by starving herself until Sanjaya Malakar is voted off of American Idol. This is how she has decided to help the world.

Then we have this little girl. Are you kidding me? Are we as parents teaching our kids to look up to the wrong people or what? This girl is freaking out for Sanjaya. Why don't I see little girls crying at church over their worship leader or their pastor? Why don't I see them crying over community leaders? Or what about our soldiers? Why don't they cry when they see the footage of Iraq? Instead we have kids losing it over boys who can't sing, but who can hula.

I am very confused. We as a world need to get a grip.
Don't get me wrong, I like American Idol. This year more than any the show seems to be pointing out some serious flaws in our society.

Oh well. Just my thoughts. What are your thoughts?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like she could miss a few meals without hurting herself. Leave the froot loops in the cupboard lil' missy. Sanju will be okay.

By the way, I think kids like this need something to cry about. Maybe her parents should open the spanking jar and apply some discipline once in a while.

Makes me think she must be quite high up on Maslow's hierarchy of needs.