Saturday, April 16, 2005

It's Been A Good Day

It is Saturday afternoon and so far it has been a great day. This morning my dad and I went golfing. I shot pretty well for me second time out this year. The new clubs my wife and my mom gave me for my birthday are very nice and actually have taken at least 5-7 strokes off of my game. After golf we went to watch my step brother's little boy play soccer. They won 3-0. Watch little kids play soccer is a trip. They just all huddle together and everyone just kicks as hard as they can at the ball.

After the game we went to Steak and Shake for lunch and I had a taco salad. It was a tasty little treat. I am now at home and I am going to finish laundry and watch Lord Of The Rings-Return Of The King. I have been trying to watch all of the movies that I have wanted to see while my wife has been in Florida. So I will have seen all of the Lord Of The Rings, Spider Man 2, and another I can't remember right now.

Brittany comes home from Florida tonight. I am very excited to see her. It is weird how different life is without her around. I am glad she had a chance to get away and hang with her friends. She has needed some girl time for some time now. However, I did find out that she smoked about a pack of cigs while she was in Florida. That is gross, and I must admit finding that out made me a little tense. We agreed before we started dating that she could choose smoking and we could be friends or that she could quit smoking and we could date. She has not smoked since then and now this week she chokes down a pack. I guess I will just have to deal with it. It is just harmless fun. However, I do think that her friends should step up and hold her accountable. It appears that a little girl time had a little negative influence.

I figure that it could be worse. The girls she was with are great gals, and if the worst thing they did was choke down some cancer sticks, then that is okay. However, if I see them on a Girls Gone Wild ad in the near future, then I guess that won't be so good.

Well, I better run. I have a movie to watch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember the most important thing in a marriage....pick your battles.